The Chronic Disease Assistance Programme provides citizens with free prescription drugs and other pharmaceutical items to combat the following health conditions:
- Cardiac Diseases
- Mental Depression
- High Blood Pressure
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (Enlarged Prostate)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Thyroid diseases
There are 47 drugs that are available through CDAP, and new prescription drugs may be added to the list of available drugs from time to time.
ALL CITIZENS OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO ARE ELIGIBLE. THERE ARE NO AGE RESTRICTIONS OR EXCEPTIONS!!
If you suffer from one of the chronic illnesses listed above, follow these steps:
- Take proof of Trinidad and Tobago citizenship (National Identification Card, or the New Computerised Birth Certificate for persons under 18 years of age) to your doctor, who will examine you and determine if you need any of the drugs offered through CDAP.
- Your doctor will write a prescription “ON A SPECIAL CDAP PRESCRIPTION PAD”. He will keep ONE copy of the prescription and “GIVE YOU TWO COPIES”.
- Take BOTH copies of your prescription to a participating pharmacy, along with your ID.
- The pharmacy (THERE ARE OVER 250 OF THEM) will take “BOTH COPIES” of your prescription and provide you with your drugs.
For medications covered under CDAP, click here
For pharmacy locations, click here